Clalit Health Services, HealthIL and 8400 invite you to participate in a joint Corona Challenge competition - focusing on providing protection for medical staff and sterilized environment and equipment.
This is a special opportunity to make an impact in the fight against the CoronaVirus by working with the largest HMO in Israel.
High-Tech & Low-Tech, industry 4.0, robotics and healthtech- everyone is welcome to apply!
This challenge aims to cherry-pick solutions that meet real-world needs in the fields of viral sterilization and safe working environment for medical staff.
This is an opportunity for entrepreneurs and companies to take a pivotal role in the national effort fighting COVID-19, with the potential to implement your technological solution in relevant health organizations.
As part of the competition, key representatives from health organizations and experts from the field will interact with the selected submissions and guide the participants in the development process and implantation issues.
GearUP & CleanUP Challenge comprises five key elements. Established companies, startups and entrepreneurs from all sectors are welcome to review the details below and submit their proposed solution to one of the following topics.
Please note: as this challenge spans over different industries and fields, we encourage submissions from any relevant entity within or outside the Healthtech ecosystem
Sterilization of equipment and / or spaces
- Common areas (Hallways, staff rooms, triage entrance)
- Patient rooms (beds in particular)
- Commonly used medical equipment (ECG, Monitors, I.V. sets, Computers…)
- Frequently "touched" surfaces (Door knobs, elevator buttons, parking lot machines..)
- Personal equipment (Phones….)
Hands and surface sterilization
Medical staff protection
- Protective equipment & clothing for medical staff - easy to wear, easy to operate with (temperature, durability, flexibility, visibility….)
- Reducing infection risk in diagnostic / invasive procedures (US, I.V. lines, Intubation, non-invasive ventilation...)
- Remote operation of equipment (monitors, I.V. sets, ventilation machines…)
- For patient’s family member
Creating and maintaining isolated environment
- Transporting patients within the hospital (from E.D. to the departments, to/from O.R., transporting food and supplies etc.)
- Creating negative pressure in regular rooms
- Isolation between patients in shared units (Dialysis in particular)
- Efficient move of equipment into isolated areas (i.e. preventing waste of equipment which wasn’t used but encountered non-sterile environment)
Your solution answers (at least) one of the aforementioned topics
You have the ability to provide an instant demo and participate in the pilot NOW
Your technology is mature and can be quickly adapted
Your solution can be implemented within
a short time-period
Your solution has proper regulatory standards
For competition winners:
Pilot with Clalit Health Services
*Optional* Application for governmental funding
Potential for implementation
Working on pivotal challenges in the fight against COVID-19
Dealing with real organizational needs and professional feedback
Interaction with domain experts